Next possible notification time bug

Andreas Ericsson ae at op5.se
Tue Nov 16 22:43:32 CET 2010

Please set your MUA to wrap long lines at something sensible (72 chars
is the standard, I think).

On 11/16/2010 09:44 PM, Chung, Jeff wrote:
> Hi, Here is the problem I'm trying to solve.  We have services that
> have a set maintenance window, for example every Tuesday from 13:30
> to 14:00.  So to stop Nagios from sending notifications during this
> maintenance window I have created a time period that excludes
> "tuesday 13:30-14:00" and use it as the notification_period for the
> service.  When testing this it seems like Nagios isn't correctly
> picking the next available time to send notifications out.  I have
> configured a service called "TEST_SERVICE2" to return CRITICAL status
> starting at 13:57:28 (which is during the maintenance window).  In
> Nagios' debug log it says "Next possible notification time: Wed Nov
> 17 00:00:00 2010", but I think the next possible time should be Nov
> 16 14:00 or soon after.  Anyone else came across this issue?

exclude is a fairly new feature, which surprisingly few people use.
I have no doubts there are bugs in it. Thanks for reporting this
though. I should probably write up a test-case for it, but that'll
have to wait til next time I'm fiddling with the Nagios sources.

Andreas Ericsson                   andreas.ericsson at op5.se

on peace.