Nagios passive checks, client?

Greg Pangrazio pangrazi at gmail.com
Thu Nov 11 17:37:40 CET 2010

If they are just windows, i would check out check_nt and the NSClient.
 I use that to monitor about 20 hosts and probably 200 services behind
a firewall.

That requires a client software to be installed on the windows boxes
though.  Some people balk at that.

I do go the passive route as well but that requires a host in the
network to do the "active" side of the check or a client on each
system.

I like the reporting I get out of the NSClient a bit better personally.

Greg Pangrazio