"No Route to Host" error - ssh-key exchange issue even if plugin checks work?

Marc Powell lists at xodus.org
Thu Nov 11 14:26:52 CET 2010

On Nov 10, 2010, at 7:36 PM, Jonathan Wiggins wrote:

> I see this in the messages files:
>
> Nov  9 00:00:00 nagiosbox nagios: CURRENT SERVICE STATE: monitorednode;Home Page;CRITICAL;HARD;1;No route to host
> Nov 10 00:00:00 nagiosbox nagios: CURRENT HOST STATE: monitorednode;UP;HARD;1;PING OK - Packet loss = 0%, RTA = 0.21 ms
> Nov 10 00:00:00 nagiosbox nagios: CURRENT SERVICE STATE: monitorednode;Home Page;CRITICAL;HARD;1;No route to host
>
> which looks like there is no packet loss on the PING to the host, but then it shows No Route To Host

'No Route To Host' is not a nagios error message but is coming from your operating system. Based on that and the above information, I'd say that the 'Home Page' check is being told to check a different, invalid, host name or address than the ping check.

Please post the host{}, service{} and command{} definition related to the 'Home Page' check if that's not enough to get you on the right path so we can take a look at it.

--
Marc