Nagios Notification State Issue

Dale Wilhelm dwilhelm at peakwebhosting.com
Wed Nov 10 13:25:49 CET 2010

( this time with a proper subject )

Hello All...

I am seeing an odd problem host status and retention after reloads and I am wondering if anyone else has seen this and possibly knows of a fix it... When I disable notifications for a host via the UI the command completes and I see that notifications are indeed disabled, notifications stop, etc... However when I reload Nagios the notifications are re-enabled. This is only showing up with host checks, service check state is retained after a reload. I can see the status.dat file change however the retention.dat always stays the same ( notifications_enabled=0 ). I am not even sure if that is it or not, or if this is a permissions issue or some kind. Also, this has worked with this build in the past. It stopped working a short time ago... Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Nagios Version: 3.2.1

( perms )

-rw------- 1 nagios nagios 1003961 2010-11-10 03:47 retention.dat
-rw-r--r-- 1 nagios nagios  757630 2010-11-10 03:47 objects.cache
-rw-r--r-- 1 nagios nagios   80887 2010-11-10 04:05 nagios.log
-rw-rw-r-- 1 nagios nagios 1000332 2010-11-10 04:05 status.dat

Regards,
Dale