SMS Foxbox

Jakob Curdes jc at info-systems.de
Wed Nov 10 10:24:08 CET 2010

Am 10.11.2010 10:09, schrieb Rutger Blom:
> Thank you very much for the information. In our case we only have one
> SMS recipient so it should work fine.

Another option is to use a GSM modem (or old cellphone with serial
cable) and the GPLed software "SMS server tools" (
http://smstools3.kekekasvi.com/ )
which gives you a nice SMS daemon. You can send messages then by
dropping them in a spool directory. The message format is simple,
containing phone number and text in a fixed format.
This can be eaysily generated by a script you run when needing an alert.
We found it quite easy o setup, only trick is to use a phone or modem
that is well supported.

I can give some details on request.
Best regards,
Jakob Curdes

--
Jakob Curdes

*Anschrift:*
iS information systems oHG
Postfach 3011
26020 Oldenburg
Tel.: (0)441 - 84 53 1
Fax: (0)441 - 88 59 378

*Sitz:*
Donnerschweer Str. 89-91
D 26123 Oldenburg

Web: www.info-systems.de <http://www.info-systems.de>

Firmierung und Handelsregisterangaben finden Sie unter diesem Link:
Firmendaten. <http://info-systems.de/de/impressum.html>