Exit code for NRPE connection refused?

Jason W. jwellband at gmail.com
Mon Nov 8 13:42:08 CET 2010

On Fri, Nov 5, 2010 at 3:49 PM, RT <rt at ragweed.net> wrote:
> Using: Nagios Version 3.2.2
> Can check_nrpe be convinced (or hacked) to exit UNKNOWN rather than CRITICAL
> on `Connection Refused`? Is there a way to accomplish this without having to
> modify check_nrpe's source directly?

Not that I know of. I have gotten around this by writing a "filter"
script that is used as a wrapper for check_nrpe in some cases. The
filter calls check_nrpe with the supplied arguments and (as defined by
a config file) does a regex match to see if it should change the
return code. If so, it returns the new return code (UNKNOWN in your
case). Otherwise, it returns whatever check_nrpe returned.

--
HTH, YMMV, HANW :)

Jason

The path to enlightenment is /usr/bin/enlightenment.