Access hosts and service for that you are contact

Morris, Patrick patrick.morris at hp.com
Mon May 31 22:45:27 CEST 2010

gerard.lancellotti at mpsa.com wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I have multiple hosts and services that I monitor with Nagios. Each user
> must view even the host and services for which there is contact. I defined
> in the configuration files hosts and services the contact_groups user. This
> works well with the hosts, but if the user requests the service_groups , he
> has the following message:
>
> It appears as though you do not have permission to view information for any
>                        of the hosts you requested...
>    If you believe this is an error, check the HTTP server authentication
>                     requirements for accessing this CGI
>     and check the authorization options in your CGI configuration file.
>
> Have anyone resolved this problem ?

If a contact should be allowed to view all services in a servicegroup,
that contact needs to be listed on all services in that group.
Otherwise, the servicegroup view would be giving that person access to
services they're not allowed to view.

In other words, it sounds like this error may be normal in your case.