Nagios and a custom webinject.pl

f.hugh at comcast.net f.hugh at comcast.net
Fri May 28 19:04:28 CEST 2010

    We just deployed a new site that requires client certificates so I found a discussion thread on how to make a few changes to the script so that it would use the client certificate that I specified.  I left the original script intact along with all the nagios configs and named this new script webinjectcert.pl.  I wanted 2 separate scripts and configs so that I did not disrupt what I already had running successfully
    The new script works perfectly as long as I run it manually as sudo.  The problem is when I configure it for nagios with the same script, config file, and test case, it returns results that claim it could not log onto the site.  I have enabled debugging in the nagios.cfg, but I just can't see what the problem is.  I looked at the permissions on the new script and certificate to make sure that wasn't it and they look fine.  I am not really sure how to run it as the nagios user since I can't remember what the password is and don't want to make a mess and change it.
    Any ideas?
    Paul