User privileges separation

Morris, Patrick patrick.morris at hp.com
Thu May 27 09:00:30 CEST 2010

Smaïne Kahlouch wrote:
> Hi every one,
>
> As you expect, i would like to know if it's possible to configure
> different access for users.
> Users are stored in a LDAP backend.
>
> For example, users from ou=org1,dc=domain,dc=tld could only see the
> hostgroup 1
> users from ou=org2,dc=domain,dc=tld could see everything.
>
> I already know how to authenticate my users by configuring apache but
> don't know how to set acl's/rights ...
>
> I googled a bit and didn't find anything about it.
> Just a wishlist
> <http://wiki.nagios.org/index.php/Nagios_Web_Interface_Wishlist>:(
>
> Is there a tool or is it possible with apache ?

Nagios will, by default, only show hosts and services to those who are
listed as contacts on those hosts and services. Who is authorized to see
what is not handled at the Apache level.

It won't talk to LDAP directly; it will only use what is in it's own
configuration files. You could, however, probably write a script that
generated contact groups based on who is where in LDAP and added the
users to those contact groups. Then you'd need to configure those
contact groups on the appropriate host and service definitions.