nagios/opsview with qpage

Jayson Broughton jbroughton at truecos.com
Tue May 25 22:00:54 CEST 2010

Darren,
I don't know if this helps..but I use qpage for nagios and other *nix
alerts.  I call qpage directly from /usr/local/bin..here is my info

####command.cfg
# 'host-notify-by-sms' command definition
define command{
        command_name    host-notify-by-sms
        command_line    /usr/local/bin/qpage -s localhost -p
name1,name2,name3 -f $NOTIFICATIONTYPE$ - Host $HOSTALIAS$ is $HOSTSTATE
$
        }

# 'service-notify-by-sms' command definition
define command{
        command_name    service-notify-by-sms
        command_line    /usr/local/bin/qpage -s localhost -p
name1,name2,name3 -f $NOTIFICATIONTYPE$ - $HOSTALIAS$/$SERVICEDESC$ is
$SERVICESTATE$
        }

####contacts.cfg
define contact{
        contact_name                    ITpager
        alias                           Operations On-Call
        service_notification_period     24x7
        host_notification_period        24x7
        service_notification_options    w,u,c,r,f
        host_notification_options       d,u,r,f
        service_notification_commands   service-notify-by-sms
        host_notification_commands      host-notify-by-sms
        email                           administrator at whatever.huh
        }

qpage's running process:
qpage -C /etc/qpage.cf -q 15

On Tue, 2010-05-25 at 13:16 -0400, Darren Hill wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've seen a few examples of qpage working with nagios (I'm using opsview
> as a frontend to nagios).
> Qpage is working ok manually, but when I try and have nagios send the
> page nothing comes out.
> I'm using ubuntu 8.04 LTS server running opsview 3.7
>
> Here's my misccommands.cfg, contacts.cfg
>
> define command{
>          command_name notify-by-pagerscript
>          command_line /usr/local/nagios/libexec/notifications/qpage -s
> localhost -p $PAGER$ -f $HOSTNAME$ $SERVICEDESC$ `SERVICEOUTPUT$' $HOSTNAME$
> }
>
> define contact {
>          contact_name    admin/01default
>          alias           Administrator
>          use             global-contact
>          service_notification_period     24x7
>          host_notification_period        24x7
>          notification_level              1
>         email hidden at whatever
>          pager   INETPager
>          host_notification_commands
> notify-by-email,notify-by-pagerscript
>          host_notification_options       u,d,r,f
>          service_notification_commands
> notify-by-email,notify-by-pagerscript
>          service_notification_options    w,c,r,u,f
> }
>
> Any ideas?
>
> qpage is running with /usr/local/bin/qpage -q 5 in the background waiting.
>
> Thanks!

The information in this electronic mail message and any attached files is confidential and may be legally privileged.  If you are not the intended recipient, delete this message and contact the sender immediately.  Access to this message by anyone other than its intended recipient is unauthorized.  You must not use or disseminate this information as it is proprietary property of the True companies.  Communications on or through the True companies' computer systems may be monitored or recorded to secure effective system operation and for other lawful purposes.  Thank you.