Only 1 hostgroup access?

C. Bensend benny at bennyvision.com
Fri May 21 15:53:20 CEST 2010

> Is it possible to give a user access to only one hostgroup?
>
> Someone told me that  " if authentication is enabled is to only show hosts
> and services to people who are contacts on those hosts and services".
> Would  somebody please  give me an example of this setting?
>
> When I check the cgi.cfg file, I cannot figure out how this can be done.
>
> Thanks in Advance.

Nobuo,

   If you enable authentication in cgi.cfg (use_authentication=1),
Nagios will automatically limit access to hosts and services that
the user is a contact for.

   So, first you enable authentication as above.

   Then, you either create a new contact group for this user, or
add them to an existing one.  Once they are in a contact group,
you add that contact group to the host or service (the contact_groups
parameter).

   Nagios will take care of all the rest for you.

Benny

--
"I can do for you is - what can not no girl!"
            -- Spam email subject, 2010-01-15