localhost DOWN messages, return code 127 is out of bounds

Michael Maxwell mmaxwell at blackarrow.tv
Wed May 19 19:17:52 CEST 2010

On 5/19/10 9:33 AM, "Lacayo, Luis F" <lflacayo at cps.k12.il.us> wrote:

> What happens when you run it from the command line as the Nagios user?
> I had a similar issue that required the check to run as root.

Everything works fine when running from commandline as nagios user or as
root.  It even works fine within Nagios *except* something happens every 2
hours (on odd-numbered hours at that) that causes these messages.  Any other
time, everything is fine.

Here's the Service Status details for localhost (edited slightly to fit in
here somewhat neatly).  This is from the web interface:

Current Load OK 1/4 OK - load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00
Current Users OK 1/4 USERS OK - 1 users currently logged in
HTTP OK 1/4 HTTP OK: HTTP/1.1 200 OK - 311 bytes in 0.001 second response
time
PING OK 1/4 PING OK - Packet loss = 0%, RTA = 0.05 ms
Root Partition OK 1/4 DISK OK - free space: / 4025 MB (62% inode=94%):
SSH OK 1/4 SSH OK - OpenSSH_4.3 (protocol 2.0)
Swap Usage OK 1/4 SWAP OK - 100% free (1023 MB out of 1023 MB)
Total Processes OK 1/4 PROCS OK: 21 processes with STATE = RSZDT