trying to fix problem with excessive latency

C. Bensend benny at bennyvision.com
Wed May 19 14:00:27 CEST 2010

> Try disabling "enable_environment_macros". It helped use greatly when we
> disabled this option. Nagios was spending most of its time allocating
> memory for environment variables it never used. (in our case)
>
> Host/Service checks latency dropped from ~20 minutes to 10 seconds I
> would say.

Doesn't this kill the use of said macros in notifications, etc?  I've
not played with this setting before, so I have nothing to go on, but
I use the hell out of macros in notifications (how could you do
notifications *without* them?)...

I can't really see a way to use notifications or event handlers
effectively without the macros...  Honest question.  :)

Benny

--
"I can do for you is - what can not no girl!"
            -- Spam email subject, 2010-01-15