how 2 add hosts to nagios

Andreas Ericsson ae at op5.se
Tue May 18 15:23:53 CEST 2010

On 05/18/2010 02:51 PM, prasanth katakam wrote:
> dear team,
>
> when i start nagios it is giving an error like
>
> [root at localhost ~]# service nagios restart
> Running configuration check... CONFIG ERROR!  Restart aborted.  Check your
> Nagios configuration.
>
> [root at localhost ~]# /usr/local/nagios/bin/nagios -v
> /usr/local/nagios/etc/nagios.cfg
>
> Nagios Core 3.2.1
> Copyright (c) 2009-2010 Nagios Core Development Team and Community
> Contributors
> Copyright (c) 1999-2009 Ethan Galstad
> Last Modified: 03-09-2010
> License: GPL
>
> Website: http://www.nagios.org
> Reading configuration data...
>     Read main config file okay...
> Processing object config file
> '/usr/local/nagios/etc/objects/commands.cfg'...
> Processing object config file
> '/usr/local/nagios/etc/objects/contacts.cfg'...
> Processing object config file
> '/usr/local/nagios/etc/objects/timeperiods.cfg'...
> Processing object config file
> '/usr/local/nagios/etc/objects/templates.cfg'...
> Processing object config file
> '/usr/local/nagios/etc/objects/localhost.cfg'...
> Processing object config file '/usr/local/nagios/etc/objects/windows.cfg'...
> Error: Could not find any host matching 'winserver' (config file
> '/usr/local/nagios/etc/objects/windows.cfg', starting on line 139)
> Error: Could not expand hostgroups and/or hosts specified in service (config
> file '/usr/local/nagios/etc/objects/windows.cfg', starting on line 139)
>     Error processing object config files!
>

> ***>  One or more problems was encountered while processing the config
> files...
>
>       Check your configuration file(s) to ensure that they contain valid
>       directives and data defintions.  If you are upgrading from a previous
>       version of Nagios, you should be aware that some variables/definitions
>       may have been removed or modified in this version.  Make sure to read
>       the HTML documentation regarding the config files, as well as the
>       'Whats New' section to find out what has changed.
>
> [root at localhost ~]#
>

> kindly provide me the solution

I think you've misunderstood how opensource assistance works. We do this
in our spare time. We do not do it as a full-time job, babysitting people
who won't read the documentation or are unable to use google to find a
suitable answer before asking us.

If you ask a proper question about a specific problem and show us that
you've spent a bit of effort trying to understand and solve the problem
yourself, we'd be more than willing to help. As it is now, the answer
wouldn't mean anything to you, and you'd need assistance again in a
very short while when, for example, you're having trouble getting
notifications to where they should go.

Andreas Ericsson                   andreas.ericsson at op5.se

on peace.