how 2 add hosts to nagios

prasanth katakam prasanth.katakam at gmail.com
Tue May 18 14:51:18 CEST 2010

dear team,

when i start nagios it is giving an error like

[root at localhost ~]# service nagios restart
Running configuration check... CONFIG ERROR!  Restart aborted.  Check your
Nagios configuration.

[root at localhost ~]# /usr/local/nagios/bin/nagios -v
/usr/local/nagios/etc/nagios.cfg

Nagios Core 3.2.1
Copyright (c) 2009-2010 Nagios Core Development Team and Community
Contributors
Copyright (c) 1999-2009 Ethan Galstad
Last Modified: 03-09-2010
License: GPL

Website: http://www.nagios.org
Reading configuration data...
   Read main config file okay...
Processing object config file
'/usr/local/nagios/etc/objects/commands.cfg'...
Processing object config file
'/usr/local/nagios/etc/objects/contacts.cfg'...
Processing object config file
'/usr/local/nagios/etc/objects/timeperiods.cfg'...
Processing object config file
'/usr/local/nagios/etc/objects/templates.cfg'...
Processing object config file
'/usr/local/nagios/etc/objects/localhost.cfg'...
Processing object config file '/usr/local/nagios/etc/objects/windows.cfg'...
Error: Could not find any host matching 'winserver' (config file
'/usr/local/nagios/etc/objects/windows.cfg', starting on line 139)
Error: Could not expand hostgroups and/or hosts specified in service (config
file '/usr/local/nagios/etc/objects/windows.cfg', starting on line 139)
   Error processing object config files!

***> One or more problems was encountered while processing the config
files...

     Check your configuration file(s) to ensure that they contain valid
     directives and data defintions.  If you are upgrading from a previous
     version of Nagios, you should be aware that some variables/definitions
     may have been removed or modified in this version.  Make sure to read
     the HTML documentation regarding the config files, as well as the
     'Whats New' section to find out what has changed.

[root at localhost ~]#

kindly provide me the solution

thanks and regards
Prasanth Katakam
hyderabad
9966655246

------------------------------------old
message---------------------------------------

On Tue, May 18, 2010 at 4:14 PM, Assaf Flatto <nagios at flatto.net> wrote:

> prasanth katakam wrote:
> > Dear team,
> >
> > I was new to nagios and i have completed the installation of nagios
> > successfully and please let me know how to add host machines(both
> > linux and windows) in nagios server
> >
> > i tried to add windows machine to nagios with installing  NSclient++
> > in windows machine but it is not getting added in nagios.
> >
> > kindly let me know the host adding process for both windows and linux
> >
> > Thanks and regards
> > Prasanth.Katakam
> > 9966655246
> > hyderabad
> you may want to start here :
>
> http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/3_0/beginners.html
>
> After you read the documentation  if you still can't figure it out ,
> post again.
>

> --
> Never,Ever Cut A Deal With a Dragon
>

> I am doing a Charity Bike ride On the 27 of June for the
> Capital to Coast Charity. Please help by Donating
> http://www.justgiving.com/Lovefilm-capital-to-coast

> reporting any issue.

Prasanth.Katakam
9966655246