having perl problem after upgrading

Miku, E. Cornelius mikue4 at gmail.com
Sat May 15 15:38:29 CEST 2010

I upgraded from Ubuntu 8.04 to Ubuntu 9.10, now when i run the "-v" command
to verify my configuration i get the below error...

/usr/sbin/nagios3: error while loading shared libraries: libperl.so.5.8:

Please assist.

i'm running Nagios 3.2

If i try to locate libperl.so i get the below results;

/usr/lib/libperl.so
/usr/lib/libperl.so.5.10
/usr/lib/libperl.so.5.10.0

Thanks in advance,