Using NSClient++ NRPE to check a local URI

Srdan Dukic srdan.dukic at gmail.com
Fri May 14 04:34:28 CEST 2010

Hi,

I'm trying to get Nagios to check that a website/URI returns a document when
it is requested from a client machine. It should do this using NRPE, and I
should mention that the client machine is a Windows box running NSClient++

e.g. Check that getting http://local02/Service.svc?wsdl returns a XML
document instead of a 404 Error

Now, I know that I could implement this using an 'External Script' but I was
wondering if there was already a plugin in any of the existing modules which
would allow this kind of setup. I've read the documentation and can't find
anything, but wanted to confirm.

Thank you
--
Srđan Đukić