managing a large number of server

Leonardo Carneiro - Veltrac lscarneiro at veltrac.com.br
Tue May 4 14:57:30 CEST 2010

Hi list,

I have the following situation: I'm monitoring a bunch of services on a
bunch of servers (ok, nothing new so far).
All machines run the same services, but not all services is being
monitored by now (since they are custom services, i'm still writing
plugins for all of them). New machines are being added every day, and
also, i'm writing new plugins to check the services.

When a new machine is added, is relatively easy: i copy the config file
from another machine and change the name of the host and other unique
attributes, but when a new service is added (a.k.a. i have finish
another plugin), i need to edit all the dozens of config files for each
server to add this new service.

There is a smarter way to do this?
Sorry for my poor english. Tks in advance.