How to monitor a log file on a windows box?

Mirza Dedic mirde at oppy.com
Wed Mar 31 20:06:23 CEST 2010

Hi,

I have a few Windows boxes where I want to monitor a specific log files for matching errors, and if they are there; I want Nagios to warn the appropriate users.

I have accomplished this on our AIX box using consol's check_logfile plugin, however I need this function for Windows. My windows boxes are monitored by NSClient++ (latest build).

Any idea on how I could accomplish this? Examples?

Nagios 3.2
NSClient 0.3.8 (running NRPE and NSCA)

Thank you.
The Oppenheimer Group ---- CONFIDENTIAL