check_snmp does not provide performance data ??

Michael Schwartzkopff misch at multinet.de
Mon Mar 29 13:19:38 CEST 2010

Am Montag, 29. März 2010 13:17:35 schrieb Jatin Davey:
> Hi
>
> I use the HOST-RESOURCES-MIB to get the status of the system and its
> various parameters. There is one such MIB parameter that provides memory
> used by a specific process on a linux box. It is : "hrSWRunPerfMem" ,
> When i execute this command using the check_snmp plugin it does not
> provide any performance data after the '|' symbol.
>
> The output is as below :
>
> [root at pc-fedora-1 libexec]# ./check_snmp -H x.x.x.x -o hrSWRunPerfMem.xxxxx
> SNMP OK - 1652 KBytes |
>
> Is it a bug on the check_snmp plugin ?
> Please let me know if i am missing something.
>
> Thanks
> Jatin

> ::: reporting any issue. Messages without supporting info will risk being
> ::: sent to /dev/null

Well, it does. Perhaps it is not quite compliant to the plugin writing guide.

--
Dr. Michael Schwartzkopff
MultiNET Services GmbH

mail: misch at multinet.de
web: www.multinet.de

Sitz der Gesellschaft: 85630 Grasbrunn
Geschäftsführer: Günter Jurgeneit, Hubert Martens

---

PGP Fingerprint: F919 3919 FF12 ED5A 2801 DEA6 AA77 57A4 EDD8 979B
Skype: misch42