Drop in replacement for check_ping without performance output when device down

Jelle Smet nagios at smetj.net
Fri Mar 26 13:40:00 CET 2010

Hi List,

The default check_ping has an annoying feature I think and
that's it will produce performance output equal to the timeout when a host
is not reachable.
That means the RTA graphs are completely filled, while I
think they should be interrupted... by not producing performance output for
RTA but only for the packets lost.

To have this behaviour I'm looking for
a drop in replacement for check_ping which produces exactly the same
performance output labels as I don't want to recreate all my ping rrds

On
the other side I think it would make sense to at lease add this feature
through a command line switch for check_ping.

I'm using:

check_ping
v1.4.14 (nagios-plugins 1.4.14)
Copyright (c) 1999 Ethan Galstad
Copyright
(c) 2000-2007 Nagios Plugin Development Team

Use ping to check connection
statistics for a remote host.

Usage:check_ping -H  -w ,% -c ,%
 [-p