Nagios Appender 1.5.1

Martin Melin martinm at op5.org
Wed Mar 24 18:52:52 CET 2010

On Wed, Mar 24, 2010 at 6:01 PM, Raymond Setchfield <
raymond.setchfield at seewhy.com> wrote:

>  Hi Folks
>

> I am trying to follow the documentation on the Nagios Application
> Monitoring and I am having a few issues which if someone could help me
> resolve. I have copied the files VirtualHost.cfg and HelloWorld.cfg into my
> objects folder and pointed nagios.cfg to look at them. I have altered the
> files to suit my requirements etc.
>

> Whilst doing the pre-flight checks it is flagging up an error;
>

> Error: Service description, host name, or check command is NULL
>
> Error: Could not register service (config file
> '/usr/local/nagios/etc/objects/HelloWorld.cfg', starting on line 16)
>
>    Error processing object config files!
>

> When checking line 16 of the HelloWorld it is this;
>

> define service{

What the error message means is that it has a problem with the definition
that starts on line 16, not necessarily what's on line 16 - confusing, I
know :-)

Show us the full define service {} block and we can probably tell you what's
wrong.

--
Martin Melin

May your delusions be benign and your compulsions have utility
op5 AB
http://www.op5.com

http://www.op5.org/
http://www.op5.com/op5/products/network-monitor/nagios/