How to set "parent" for Nagios process?

Jan Johansson j2 at mupp.net
Wed Mar 24 15:00:24 CET 2010

> From the picture it seem  that the parent child relations you defined
>have a bit of confusion in them .

No, it is probably _I_ that is confused ;)

>can you provide the definitions for the Gothnet-router , intrernet , and
>gotlogsrv09 , since it seems from what you say that the links should not
>be displayed  like they way  you mean it should be .

define host{
        use             generic-switch          ; Inherit default values from a template
        host_name       Internet             ; The name we're giving to this switch
        alias           Internet    ; A longer name associated with the switch
        address         www.gp.se
        hostgroups      Internet Connectivity               ; Host groups this switch is associated with
        }

define host{
        use             generic-switch          ; Inherit default values from a template
        host_name       gotlogsrv09             ; The name we're giving to this switch
        alias           ISA Firewall    ; A longer name associated with the switch
        address         10.46.10.27             ; IP address of the switch
        hostgroups      Internet Connectivity               ; Host groups this switch is associated with
        parents         GothNet-Router
        }

define host{
        use             generic-switch          ; Inherit default values from a template
        host_name       GothNet-Router            ; The name we're giving to this switch
        alias           GothNet Router    ; A longer name associated with the switch
        address         82.193.172.1             ; IP address of the switch
        hostgroups      Internet Connectivity               ; Host groups this switch is associated with
        parents         Internet
        }

>that might shed some light on the issue .

I really appreciate your effort.

Basically, seen from the view of "localhost" it is

Localhost -> Gotlogswitch01 -> Gothlogsrv09 -> GothNetRouter -> Internet

--
Meddelandet har kontrollerats mot virus samt skadligt
innehåll av MailScanner och förmodas vara säkert.