Changing the emails alerts interval????

ravishankar.gundlapali at wipro.com ravishankar.gundlapali at wipro.com
Mon Mar 22 21:38:12 CET 2010

Hi,

I am using Nagios 3.2.4 with Nagios plugins 1.4.14 on Linux with Fedora

10.1.

I want nagios to send the notification email every 4 hours.

Currently it is sending the emails every 30 minutes.

I tried to edit the Templates.cfg file by changing notification_interval
to 240.But still I am receiving the emails every 30 minutes.

define host{

        name                    stw_app_server  ; The name of this host
template

#        use                     generic-host    ; Inherit default
values from the generic-host template

        check_period            24x7            ; By default, Windows
servers are monitored round the clock

        check_interval          5               ; Actively check the
server every 5 minutes

        retry_interval          1               ; Schedule host check
retries at 1 minute intervals

        max_check_attempts      2              ; Check each server 10
times (max)

        check_command           check-host-alive        ; Default
command to check if servers are "alive"

        notification_period     24x7            ; Send notification out
at any time - day or night

        notification_interval   240              ; Resend notifications
every 30 minutes

        notification_options    d,r             ; Only send
notifications for specific host states

#        contact_groups          stw_app_server         ; Notifications
get sent to the admins by default

        hostgroups              stw_app_server ; Host groups that
Windows servers should be a member of

        register                0               ; DONT REGISTER THIS -
ITS JUST A TEMPLATE

        }

Please someone help me to resolve this.

Thanks a lot in advance.