How to set "parent" for Nagios process?

Assaf Flatto nagios at flatto.net
Mon Mar 22 15:36:54 CET 2010

Jan Johansson wrote:

> Hello!
>
> Running 3.2.0 and I think I have been through the relevant
> information/docs.
> But, I cannot figure out how to tell Nagios on which host the Nagios
> Process is running. It shows up in the wrong place on my Map.
>
> Thanks.

Please elaborate  ...

The nagios process is associated with the "localhost" by default , as it
is the server running the nagios process and hence has not parent .

What are you trying to achieve  ? maybe that will give us more
understanding to the issue you are trying to resolve ?

Assaf

--
Never,Ever Cut A Deal With a Dragon