init.d/nagios

David Dyer-Bennet dd-b at dd-b.net
Fri Mar 19 19:28:08 CET 2010

The init file built and installed by "make install-init" doesn't seem to
work right.  I apparently have nagios running after saying "service nagios
start" (it reported success), based on receiving some notifications and on
ps showing /usr/local/nagios/bin/nagios running as a daemon, but "service
nagios status" reports "nagios is not running".

(This is on a Centos 4.8 system, with Nagios 3.2.1 built from source.)

I configured this version with
"--with-lockfile=/usr/local/nagios/var/nagios.pid" after the previous
version, without that, logged a permissions error when it tried to start
up nagios.  I suppose that could be the wrong fix for that problem, and
hence causing this one.

--
David Dyer-Bennet, dd-b at dd-b.net; http://dd-b.net/
Dragaera: http://dragaera.info