Performance

Marcel mitsuto at gmail.com
Tue Mar 16 22:14:48 CET 2010

well, SNMP is a proper Nagios client.

With rocommunity and firewall rules, security isn't a big deal.

I'm using SNMP to actively issue checks when passive transport get stalled.
It tries to send the passive result, expecting good return code from
send_nsca (and could check for cron, try to determine if server is
thrashing, and so on), or, sends back to snmpget the result.

Cheers,
Marcel