Accessing Nagios for the first time

patrick.morris at hp.com patrick.morris at hp.com
Tue Mar 16 00:24:39 CET 2010

On Sun, 14 Mar 2010, Tim Tompson wrote:

> Yes, I restarted during the installation process.
>
> Any other ideas?  Thanks!
>
> On Fri, Mar 12, 2010 at 6:12 PM, Marcel <mitsuto at gmail.com<mailto:mitsuto at gmail.com>> wrote:
> have you restarted httpd?
>
> On Thu, Mar 11, 2010 at 6:10 PM, Tim Tompson <tt.rexplay at gmail.com<mailto:tt.rexplay at gmail.com>> wrote:
> Any other ideas?
>

> On Thu, Mar 11, 2010 at 12:44 PM, Tim Tompson <tt.rexplay at gmail.com<mailto:tt.rexplay at gmail.com>> wrote:
> Apache is working: "Apache is functioning normally"
>
> Yes, I have a few other sites on this box, all functioning properly.
>
> When I navigate to myserverip/nagios I get a 404 Not Found.

There is precisely one reason you will get a 404 when accessing the URL
you believe will get you to Nagios: Your Apache configuration is
wrong.

Double-check that Nagios really lives in the directories you've
specified in your Apache config, and make sure you have PHP installed or
Apache won't find the index page (but that would likely result in a
different error than a 404). Then make sure your config is actually
being loaded by Apache via an include line in httpd.conf.

If it looks right to you, triple-check. It's almost a sure thing that
you've specified the Nagios html directory incorrectly or that you're
not loading the config you've specified it in.

What's currently in /usr/local/nagios/share?  Anything like index.*?  If
not, your path is wrong.

Is nagios.conf even being loaded by your main Apache config? Try "grep
-i ^Include httpd.conf". Does it return anything? If not, your
nagios.conf file is not being used.  If it does return something, make
sure it includes that file, either specifically or through a wildcard.