Two IP for the Same server

Max perldork at webwizarddesign.com
Fri Mar 12 19:15:46 CET 2010

On Fri, Mar 12, 2010 at 11:52 AM, Digital Edge <reachtarak at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Dear List,
>
> I have a server , which is having 2 NIC with IP assign. I wanted to add in
> nagios those two IP with same hostname & relevant service checks.
>
> Will it be possible.

Not with a single host definition; however this can be modeled with 3
host definitions:
* One virtual parent host object that has as a host check ping checks
for both IPs
* One virtual host object that represents NIC1 on the host
* One virtual host object that represents NIC2 on the host

Parent ------> A - NIC 1

The two hosts representing the NICs would have the parent host as
their parent so that if the ping checks fail for the two hosts you
only get notified that the parent host object is down.