event handler script not executing

Rick Garland Rick.Garland at quantum.com
Wed Mar 10 21:33:16 CET 2010

>On Mar 10, 2010, at 11:29 AM, Rick Garland wrote:
>
>> Hi Marc:
>>
>> In the script I have it doing a couple of arcane things for testing.
>> I have it touch a file called 'test' and I have it echo the macro
>> values to a file as well.
>> These are successful.
>
>> When trying to launch from nagios these files are not present.
>
>Are the paths hard-coded in your script? Is the directory writable by
nagios? Is the script executable? Is the magic line present and
well-formed?

>Also try changing the event_handler parameter in the service definition
from

>event_handler
remount-nfs!$SERVICESTATE$!$SERVICESTATETYPE$!$SERVICEATTEMPT$

>event_handler remount-nfs
>
>The other parameters aren't being used in your command{} definition.
>
>> I am unable to find any post from yesterday that would contain any
>> suggestions that were provided.
>
>Ok, so I meant to say 'the other day when you posted originally' -
http://www.mail-archive.com/nagios-users@lists.sourceforge.net/msg31297.
html

>--
>Marc

Many thanks. The issue was the requiretty. This is a new issue on RH and
CentOS 5 and above.
I have done the cleanup on event_handler definition. Didn't matter
either way, did make the log entries cleaner.

The tip from Stuart was the key to helping me resolve.

Again, my apologies for the extraneous posts.

The information contained in this transmission may be confidential. Any disclosure, copying, or further distribution of confidential information is not permitted unless such privilege is explicitly granted in writing by Quantum. Quantum reserves the right to have electronic communications, including email and attachments, sent across its networks filtered through anti virus and spam software programs and retain such messages in order to comply with applicable data security and retention requirements. Quantum is not responsible for the proper and complete transmission of the substance of this communication or for any delay in its receipt.