event handler script not executing

Rick Garland Rick.Garland at quantum.com
Wed Mar 10 18:29:43 CET 2010

-----Original Message-----
From: Marc Powell [mailto:marc at ena.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 10, 2010 10:10 AM
To: Nagios Users List
Subject: Re: [Nagios-users] event handler script not executing

On Mar 10, 2010, at 10:34 AM, Rick Garland wrote:

> Hi Mark:
>
> I have included the entry from the nagios.log file
>> The entry in the nagios.log
>> [1268099555] SERVICE_EVENT_HANDLER: my_host;NFS
>> CHECK;CRITCAL;SOFT;3;remount-nfs!CRITCAL!SOFT!3
>
> Within nagios the event handler is being launched. But the executable
is not getting touched.
> When viewing the Event Log from the GUI, it has that little graphic
for the Event Handler as well.

> But still, the bash script (perms 755 and owned by nagios) is not
being touched.

How do you know this?

Look back at the suggestions from yesterday.

--
Marc

Hi Marc:

In the script I have it doing a couple of arcane things for testing.
I have it touch a file called 'test' and I have it echo the macro values
to a file as well.
These are successful.

When trying to launch from nagios these files are not present.

I am unable to find any post from yesterday that would contain any
suggestions that were provided.

The information contained in this transmission may be confidential. Any disclosure, copying, or further distribution of confidential information is not permitted unless such privilege is explicitly granted in writing by Quantum. Quantum reserves the right to have electronic communications, including email and attachments, sent across its networks filtered through anti virus and spam software programs and retain such messages in order to comply with applicable data security and retention requirements. Quantum is not responsible for the proper and complete transmission of the substance of this communication or for any delay in its receipt.