Different timeperdiods for warning / critical states ?

C. Bensend benny at bennyvision.com
Wed Mar 10 17:33:26 CET 2010

> We have a nagios 2.x installation that I plan to upgrade to 3.x soon...
>
> For some services, I'd like to be able to send notification 24x7, but only
> with a critical state. For exemple a disk space checking service. When it
> reaches warning state, I don't want to be waked up at 3 am. But when it's
> critical, it's ok.
>
> I know I can define 2 services whith 2 notification_options and 2 time
> periods, but that would make 2 services, with 2 different names for every
> partition on our servers...
>
> Is there another way to acomplish this ?

You can use contacts to do this.  Specify two contacts, one that
gets notifications with warnings, one that only receives criticals.
Set the notification periods for them appropriately, and voila - you
only get critical notifications after hours.

Benny

--
"Show me on the doll where the marketing touched you."
                               -- "Mally" on Fazed.net