Unable to install Packages .

patrick.morris at hp.com patrick.morris at hp.com
Mon Mar 8 21:12:04 CET 2010

On Mon, 08 Mar 2010, ravishankar.gundlapali at wipro.com wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a Linux Box with Red hat Fedora 10 installed on it.
>
> When I am trying to install the package by entering the command ?yum install httpd ? below mentioned error occurred.
>
> Please someone help me how can I resolve this.
>

> [root@******** ~]# yum install httpd
> Loaded plugins: refresh-packagekit
> Could not retrieve mirrorlist http://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/mirrorlist?repo=fedora-10&arch=x86_64 error was
> [Errno 4] IOError: <urlopen error (-2, 'Name or service not known')>
> Error: Cannot retrieve repository metadata (repomd.xml) for repository: fedora. Please verify its path and try again
>

> Thanks,
> Ravi G

Please stop sending this to this mailing list. This is not a Nagios
issue; the configuration on your box is broken.  The URL it appears to
be complaining about is valid, but something totally unrlated to Nagios
is causing your update to fail.

Please follow the advice of previous responders and contact a mailing
list for your OS distribution if you need help debugging this.

This may help you get started:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Communicate