multiple check_interval with single service check

Jim Avery jim at jimavery.me.uk
Mon Mar 1 22:41:50 CET 2010

On 1 March 2010 19:47, shadih rahman <shadhin71 at gmail.com> wrote:
> All,
>    Is it possible to use multiple check_interval based on the hours of the
> day for a single check?  For example during day time service should be
> executed every 15 minutes and during night it will get executed every 2
> hours.  Can someone please show me how its done.  Thanks

I don't think you can do such a thing in Nagios itself.  If I really
had to do such a thing, I would set up a script on the monitored
server to send the check result to Nagios using send_nsca.  If you run
this script at intervals from cron, it is easy in the crontab to have
it run more frequently during the day and less frequently at night.
In fact you could have the crontab on the Nagios server and still
submit the check result either via the command interface or via
send_nsca again.

I'm not saying I recommend doing this, as it would be a bit of a pain
to maintain, but if you really must it's one way of achieving what you
describe.

I would say "hth" but that probably doesn't!

Out of interest, why do you need to set things up that way?

Cheers,

Jim