check_openmanage: Use of uninitialized value in sprintf at /usr/lib64/nagios/plugins/check_openmanage

Trond Hasle Amundsen t.h.amundsen at usit.uio.no
Fri Jun 25 17:02:07 CEST 2010

Max Williams <Max.Williams at mflow.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> After adding more storage to a couple of our servers we are getting this error:
>

> [root at host  ~]# /usr/lib64/nagios/plugins/check_openmanage -C password -b
> ctrl_driver=0,1,2 -b ctrl_fw=0,1,2 -b intr=0 -H host2
>
> Temperature Probe 1 in enclosure 3 [MD1000] is Inactive C at  ( max)
>
> EMM 1 in enclosure 3 [MD1000] needs attention: Not Installed
>
> INTERNAL ERROR: Use of uninitialized value in sprintf at /usr/lib64/nagios/
> plugins/check_openmanage line 2312.
>
> INTERNAL ERROR: Use of uninitialized value in sprintf at /usr/lib64/nagios/
> plugins/check_openmanage line 2312.
>
> INTERNAL ERROR: Use of uninitialized value in sprintf at /usr/lib64/nagios/
> plugins/check_openmanage line 2318.
>
> INTERNAL ERROR: Use of uninitialized value in sprintf at /usr/lib64/nagios/
> plugins/check_openmanage line 2318.
>
> INTERNAL ERROR: Use of uninitialized value in sprintf at /usr/lib64/nagios/
> plugins/check_openmanage line 2318.
>
> INTERNAL ERROR: Use of uninitialized value in sprintf at /usr/lib64/nagios/
> plugins/check_openmanage line 2318.
>
> [root at host  ~]#
>

> We didn?t get this error before adding a new cabinet of disks which now brings
> the total up to 47 (2x internal disk and 3x full MD1000s).
>
> Has any one else come across this error? I am not perl literate so not sure how
> to debug or fix this.

Hi Max,

This is interesting. I've never seen "Inactive" temperature sensors in
external enclosures. Also, that the plugin reports missing EMMs seems
like a misfeature. Can you post the output from the following commands:

On the monitored host:

  omreport storage enclosure controller=<id> enclosure=<id> info=temps
  omreport storage enclosure controller=<id> enclosure=<id> info=emms

Replace <id> with controller/enclosure pairs. You'll get the
enclosure and controller IDs with commands

  omreport storage controller
  omreport storage enclosure

Also, since you're checking with SNMP, I'll need the output from an
snmpwalk of the enclosures wrt. temperatures and EMMs. From the Nagios
server:

  snmpwalk -v2c -c <community> <hostname> 1.3.6.1.4.1.674.10893.1.20.130.11
  snmpwalk -v2c -c <community> <hostname> 1.3.6.1.4.1.674.10893.1.20.130.13

If you are uncomfortable with posting this information on the
mailinglist, feel free to email me directly.

Debug output from the plugin could also be useful:

  check_openmanage -H <hostname> -C <community> -d

Cheers,
--
Trond H. Amundsen <t.h.amundsen at usit.uio.no>
Center for Information Technology Services, University of Oslo