Help - I just blew away my configs

Max perldork at webwizarddesign.com
Fri Jun 25 06:47:01 CEST 2010

Shows running settings (config.cgi)

Objects.cache contains a flattened version of all the configuration
objects your configuration tree had; the primary loss is that there
are no templates in objects.cache, so you will have to recreate those.

Isave a copy of objects.cache in a very safe place off server and save
a copy on server - nagios has a command line option that will let you
start it using an objects.cache formatted file ( search for pre-cached
configs)m

If you had plugins in your config tree those are lost, cgi.cfg
settings are lost, nagios.cfg settings are lost, and resource.cfg
settings are lost - minus resource.cfg the rest are pretty eady to
redo (as resource.cfg might have had passwords or other unique info.

Definitely put your configs in svn, cvs, git or another version
control system as you re-create your config templates - and makes sure
you backup your vcs repository daily.

Max