file and directory rights

felix farcas felix at itim-cj.ro
Thu Jun 24 08:56:56 CEST 2010

Hello

My web interface is functioning  fine. My configuration verifing command
is functioning too.
But at the web interface when trying to something at "hosts" the
following message appear:

The rights on the directory in freebsd are root:wheel but I added in
nagios.cfg
nagios_user=root
nagios_group=wheel

Do you have any suggestion?

"Whoops!*Error: Could not read object configuration data!
*Here are some things you should check in order to resolve this error:

   1. Verify configuration options using the *-v* command-line option to
      check for errors.
   2. Check the Nagios log file for messages relating to startup or
      status data errors.

Make sure you read the documentation on installing, configuring and
running Nagios thoroughly before continuing. If all else fails, try
sending a message to one of the mailing lists."

nagios -v /usr/local/etc/nagios/nagios.cfg
Nagios Core 3.2.1
Copyright (c) 2009-2010 Nagios Core Development Team and Community
Contributors
Copyright (c) 1999-2009 Ethan Galstad
Last Modified: 03-09-2010
License: GPL
Website: http://www.nagios.org
Reading configuration data...
   Read main config file okay...
Processing object config file
'/usr/local/etc/nagios/objects/commands.cfg'...
Processing object config file
'/usr/local/etc/nagios/objects/contacts.cfg'...
Processing object config file
'/usr/local/etc/nagios/objects/timeperiods.cfg'...
Processing object config file
'/usr/local/etc/nagios/objects/templates.cfg'...
Processing object config file
'/usr/local/etc/nagios/objects/localhost.cfg'...
   Read object config files okay...
Running pre-flight check on configuration data...
Checking services...
        Checked 8 services.
Checking hosts...
        Checked 1 hosts.
Checking host groups...
        Checked 1 host groups.
Checking service groups...
        Checked 0 service groups.
Checking contacts...
        Checked 1 contacts.
Checking contact groups...
        Checked 1 contact groups.
Checking service escalations...
        Checked 0 service escalations.
Checking service dependencies...
        Checked 0 service dependencies.
Checking host escalations...
        Checked 0 host escalations.
Checking host dependencies...
        Checked 0 host dependencies.
Checking commands...
        Checked 24 commands.
Checking time periods...
        Checked 5 time periods.
Checking for circular paths between hosts...
Checking for circular host and service dependencies...
Checking global event handlers...
Checking obsessive compulsive processor commands...
Checking misc settings...
Total Warnings: 0
Total Errors:   0
Things look okay - No serious problems were detected during the
pre-flight check

Thank you
Felix