Define dependencie in service defs?

Assaf Flatto nagios at flatto.net
Mon Jun 21 19:03:07 CEST 2010

Litwin, Matthew wrote:
> Is there a way to define  what service a service depends on within te
> service definition itself for cases where the dependency heirarchy is
> localized to the same host? Dependency definitions are terrific in
> that they are so flexible, but it would be nice to contain that
> functionailty within a single service definition in an effort to
> simplify configuration.

At the moment you must define it in a separate definition , but it does
not have to be in a separate file .
just put the service dependency definition below/above the service
declaration and thus you have a more "easy to maintain" way to know what
you set up and how you need it .

You might want to suggest it as a feature for future development to be
somewhat similar to the host parents definition , but i can see several
issues with such an "in service" declaration .

Assaf

--
Never,Ever Cut A Deal With a Dragon

I am doing a Charity Bike ride On the 27 of June for the
Capital to Coast Charity. Please help by Donating
http://www.justgiving.com/Lovefilm-capital-to-coast