Missing -l parameters. Detailed information (can´t solve the problem) PLEASE HELP!!

Sean McAfee smcafee at collaborativefusion.com
Thu Jun 17 19:54:37 CEST 2010

Gustavo Araujo wrote:
> Hello everyone.
>
> I´m using ubuntu-server 10.4 with nagios 3.2 (from repository)
>
> Follow down my configurations.
>
> /etc/nagios-plugins/config/nt.cfg:
>
> define command {
>         command_name    check_nt
>         command_line    /usr/lib/nagios/plugins/check_nt -H
> '$HOSTADDRESS$' -v '$ARG1$'
> }
>
> define command {
>         command_name    check_nscp
>         command_line    /usr/lib/nagios/plugins/check_nt -H
> '$HOSTADDRESS$' -p 12489 -v '$ARG1$'
> }
>

> /etc/nagios3/conf.d/conf_nagios_afis.cfg
>
> define service{
>         host_name               dpfmas01
>         service_description     check_space
>         use                     generic-service
>         check_command           check_nscp!USEDDISKSPACE! -l c -w 80 -c 90
> }

Command, not service, definitions contain the switches.

Service definition's check_commands can only take !-delimited arguments,
which are then used to populate the switches from the command definition.

You can hardcode the drive, warning/critical levels, and port into the
command definition, but I'd do the following:

define command {
          command_name    check_nt_disk
          command_line    /usr/lib/nagios/plugins/check_nt -H
  '$HOSTADDRESS$' -p '$ARG1$' -v 'USEDDISKSPACE' -l '$ARG2$' -w '$ARG3$'
-c '$ARG4$'
}

Which would mean your service definition should look like:

define service{
          host_name               dpfmas01
          service_description     check_space
          use                     generic-service
          check_command           check_nt_disk!12489!c!80!90
}

Hope this helps,

--
Sean McAfee