check_disk and Volumes > 10 TB

Matt Simmons standalone.sysadmin at gmail.com
Sat Jun 12 13:16:47 CEST 2010

I've seen people run into problems like this when they're checking a
machine that's 64 bit, and the monitoring host is 32. That's not, by
chance, the case now, is it?

--Matt

On Sat, Jun 12, 2010 at 12:33 AM, Dirk H. Schulz
<dirk.schulz at kinzesberg.de> wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I have run into a problem with check_disk. I have a volume with 14 TB
> that is 91 % free:
>> /dev/disk0s3    14Ti  1.2Ti   13Ti     9%    /Volumes/EonStor1
> check_disk states it is 0 % free:
>> check_disk -u GB /Volumes/EonStor1
>> DISK OK - free space: /Volumes/EonStor1 0 GB (0% inode=91%);|
>> /Volumes/EonStor1=1276GB;;;0;14665
> Is there a known limitation concerning the size of the volumes? With a
> volume < 2 TB I do not have this problem on the same machine.
>
> Is there something I can do to get around this?
>
> Any hint or help is appreciated.
>
> Dirk

LITTLE GIRL: But which cookie will you eat FIRST?
COOKIE MONSTER: Me think you have misconception of cookie-eating process.