Large Installation

Matt Simmons standalone.sysadmin at gmail.com
Thu Jun 10 21:23:09 CEST 2010

Make sure to read these pages:

http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/3_0/tuning.html
http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/3_0/largeinstalltweaks.html

Also, if you're monitoring 800 machines across WANs, you might look
into distributed monitoring:
http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/3_0/distributed.html

Let us know how it goes!

--Matt

BTW, what are you using for your config maintenance?

On Thu, Jun 10, 2010 at 1:51 PM, Scott Ward <13.sward.13 at gmail.com> wrote:
> We are looking to do an large installation of Nagios. Is it possible to
> monitor over 800 machines and over 14000 services?
>
> Has anyone tried doing anything like this? If you have how successful was it
> and how did you configure it?
>
> ~Rultax

> any issue.

LITTLE GIRL: But which cookie will you eat FIRST?
COOKIE MONSTER: Me think you have misconception of cookie-eating process.