new in nagios

Enrico Zimol lomiz.mail at gmail.com
Tue Jun 8 14:34:03 CEST 2010

On 8 June 2010 13:27, felix farcas <felix at itim-cj.ro> wrote:
> Hello
>
> I'm new in Nagios. I'm looking for a documentation for configuring and
> starting nagios 3.2.1 on freebsd.
>
> As I saw on the Internet there are a lot of installation and
> configuration methods.
>
> Would you be so kind and give me the best direction.

The best direction is to know what is your situation.
What kind of machine do you have to monitor? What OS? Printer?
Do you need to monitor only on your lan or do you have to monitor
Distributed/Redundant?
Aswering to theese questions you'll find how to do on official
documentation (I'm newbie too, and I found all what I need).

If you'll have some problems reading that, ask on this ML :)

Bye