Nagios host flapping on centos 5.4 ?

Ian Orszaczki ian at griggle.net
Mon Jun 7 12:39:26 CEST 2010

Hi, this might be a similar issue I had. I had tried to stop Nagios as the
wrong user and then restarted as root. That left rogue Nagios processes
running which meant inconsistent behaviour as both were running checks and
writing results.  I suggest killing all nagios processes manually and
ensuring none are running and then starting nagios.

Cheers,
Ian O