**SPAM** Re: upgrade from 3.0.6 to 3.2.1 using rpmforge (yum)

Matt Simmons standalone.sysadmin at gmail.com
Sun Jun 6 04:26:27 CEST 2010

If you're in the habit of compiling things from source on a distro
that uses package management, it's not too hard to set up your own
internal repository. With CentOS, it's farcically easy. The "hard
part" is making an RPM, and even that just takes a little time to
figure out.

IBM's guide to packaging RPMs
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/library/l-rpm1/

Example spec file
http://kmymoney2.sourceforge.net/phb/rpm-example.html

Creating a local YUM repository
http://www.g-loaded.eu/2005/12/11/local-yum-repository/

--Matt

On Sat, Jun 5, 2010 at 7:24 AM, Robert Wolfe
<robert.wolfe at robertwolfe.org> wrote:
> On Fri, 4 Jun 2010 01:17:21 +0000, "Joseph L. Casale"
> <jcasale at activenetwerx.com> wrote:
>>>I put the EPEL repo on to the system then ran a "yum search nagios".
>>>Rpmforge should up but EPEL didn't  I guess I should try an "yum info"
>>>for fun.
>>
>> Keep in mind anytime you add a 3rd party repo, you should use a yum
> plugin
>> like priorities to keep Base protected.
>
> This is why for anything like this, I always upgrade from source.

LITTLE GIRL: But which cookie will you eat FIRST?
COOKIE MONSTER: Me think you have misconception of cookie-eating process.