R: Ndoutils block nagios

Michael Friedrich michael.friedrich at univie.ac.at
Wed Jun 2 23:29:53 CEST 2010

Abdessamad BARAKAT wrote:
> buffer_file=/var/cache/nagios3/ndoutils_mod.tmp

Try to remove this from disk in order to drop the waiting 5k items being
put on the socket.

Having a fresh startup of nagios and ndoutils, the config waits to be
written, before some more realtime/config cleanups and after that, the
historical cleanups leading from ndo2db.cfg might also interfere the
normal insert/update procedure. this is when the socket gets blocking
and ndomod is buffed with data it can't even send to the socket.

Regarding 1.4b7 - consider getting the latest cvs head and patch the
unique constraint bugfix on nagios-devel yourself onto mysql.sql

It's not "the latest and greatest" ndoutils, just "the latest" though.

Kind regards,
Michael

> file_rotation_interval=14400
> file_rotation_timeout=60
> reconnect_interval=15
> reconnect_warning_interval=15
> data_processing_options=-1
> config_output_options=3
>

> Thanks again for your help
>
> Bertinelli Massimo a écrit :
>> I risolve the same problem using this method:
>> stop ndo and nagios
>> deleting the file ndo.sock on nagios/var directory
>> Start ndo and nagios
>>   Bye
>> Max

DI (FH) Michael Friedrich