IPv6 Dual-Stack and Nagios

Jens Link lists at quux.de
Wed Jul 28 11:11:56 CEST 2010

Jason Frisvold <frisvolj at lafayette.edu> writes:

> Hi all,
>
> 	I'm looking for information about how people are handling
> dual-stack IPv4/IPv6 machines within Nagios.  Since the host_name field
> has to be unique, you can't have two nagios definitions for the same
> host, but with difference addresses ...  You can always modify the
> host_name slightly to make it unique, but that breaks any plugin that
> depends on the host_name.

currently I' using two host names e.g. example.com and example.com_ipv6

It's a little extra work but I couldn't think of a better way when I
first added IPv6 checks to my Nagios installation.

Speaking of IPv6: I'm really missing IPv6 support for nrpe.

Jens
| Foelderichstr. 40   | 13595 Berlin, Germany    | +49-151-18721264     |
| http://blog.quux.de | jabber: jenslink at guug.de | -------------------  |