Only Nagios doesn't works with sendmail?

Marc Powell lists at xodus.org
Sun Jul 25 16:17:06 CEST 2010

On Jul 25, 2010, at 12:11 AM, quanta wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am using sendmail 8.13.8-8 with Gmail SMTP.
> sendmail works fine with OSSEC or test from command line, but it has problem with Nagios:
>
> sendmail[9026]: NOQUEUE: SYSERR(nagios): can not chdir(/var/spool/clientmqueue/): Permission denied
>
> Add the smmsp user to nagios group, I get the another error:

If you were going to try this, it would be the other way around (nagios in the smmsp group), but that's the wrong thing to do either way.

> sendmail[26435]: NOQUEUE: SYSERR(nagios): can not write to queue directory /var/spool/clientmqueue/ (RunAsGid=0, required=51): Permission denied
>
> The permissions of related files:
>

> -rwxr-sr-x 1 root root 775064 Jun 29 23:46 /usr/sbin/sendmail

You appear to have a broken sendmail on this machine. What's different between the two? Shouldn't this be group 'smmsp'? Is sendmail's confRunAsUser the same on both machines?

--
Marc