Windows Print Queue Monitoring...

C. Bensend benny at bennyvision.com
Thu Jul 22 12:31:03 CEST 2010

> Can anyone point me in the direction on some documentation, how to monitor
> print queues on a 2008 Window server. I have the NSClient++ installed on
> this box, I just need to know if I'm barking up the right tree :) A quick
> web search is not getting anything thats helpful

There are a number of performance counters available that should allow
you to check any number of things, including total queued jobs, jobs
per queue, errors, pages, etc.  Do a search on TechNet, you'll find a
bunch.  At least that's where I found the counters I use on 2003, I
doubt 2008 will be much different...

Benny

--
"Something's going on in this house - last night, I saw a face!"
"Did it have a nose?"