building graph (via nagiosgrapher) for non-standard plugin

yuris yuris at smtp.com
Wed Jul 21 14:27:52 CEST 2010

Hello everybody,

recently I have been deploying few custom nagios plugins and was
configuring graphs for them rather intuitively, based on standard graphs
configs. But today I deployed check_diskio.pl plugin (
http://www.nagioswiki.com/wiki/index.php/Check_Disk_IO_via_NRPE ) and
now would like to configure nagiosgrapher to build graphs to reflect
disk i/o performance - but the problem is that I cannot adopt any of
standard ngraphes because stdout of check_diskio does not similar to
stdouts of standard plugins.

It's actually like this:

./check_diskio.pl -d / -w 2 -c 3 --uom=B --factor=Mi
CHECK_DISKIO OK - xvda 639.82 KB/s | WRITE=631761B;2097152;3145728
READ=23412B;2097152;3145728 TOTAL=655173B;2097152;3145728

Could anyone give me some hint how can I write custom check_diskio.ncfg
so that graph would reflext perfdata dynamics (read/write/total) ? Yet I
have not find any documentation that would explain how to do that.

--
best regards,
yuris