Adding a line to GUI

Honia A honia2002 at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 16 18:09:42 CEST 2010

Michael,

Thank you very much! It did the trick :-)

Regards,

Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2010 15:06:39 +0200
From: michael.friedrich at univie.ac.at
To: nagios-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Nagios-users] Adding a line to GUI

Honia A wrote:

Thanks for your reply Bret.

I would like the second idea (keep that message on all the pages in that same gray box). So I looked into that directory you mentioned (/usr/local/nagios/sbin) but they are all the compiled cgi files. When I opened them with UltraEdit and Notepad, they were not editable, the lines look something like this (below).

Is there any way I could edit them or may be there are pre-compiled versions of the files which I could edit?

you have to edit the appropriate .c files and then recompile the cgis out of them. since this a generic box, it's only defined once.

$ grep -r display_info_table *

points to cgi/cgiutils.c

Within this function you will see a bunch of html code within printf calls. There you can edit/add your preferred line.

e.g. adding below

        if(current_authdata!=NULL)
                printf("Logged in as <i>%s</i><BR>\n",(!strcmp(current_authdata->username,""))?"?":current_authdata->username);

this

After that, run make clean && make cgis && sudo make install-cgis

Should do the trick ;-)

Kind regards,
Michael

--